The Global Compliance Association (ICA), a leading professional overall body for the compliance community, announced its 1st MENA 2022 Regulatory and Economic Crime Compliance Meeting on June 23 at the Fairmont Hotel, Dubai. Delegates will be in a position to be a part of in individual as nicely as by way of a livestream from any component of the Center East and North Africa region or the world.
The 1-day function will convey together thought leaders and senior compliance experts from all-around the earth and the MENA region to deal with world-wide and local finest exercise in managing the altering environment of money criminal offense and regulatory compliance.
Her Excellency Maryam Buti Al Suwaidi, chief govt officer, Securities and Commodities Authority, Dubai, UAE, will produce the keynote tackle. Crucial speakers at the conference contain:
- Deepa Chandrasekhar, chief compliance officer, United Gulf Lender
- Tarek Howayek, head of compliance coverage and oversight, HSBC Bank Center East
- Sumit Sarkar, senior vice president, head of sanctions, Mashreq Bank
- Lori Baker, vice president, legal and director of data security, Dubai Global Financial Centre
- Peter Smith, controlling director, head of tactic, coverage, and possibility, Dubai Money Products and services Authority
- Richard Chudzynski, PwC Authorized Center East info safety and privateness leader, PwC
- Fadi Al-Shihabi, Impression – ESG Chief, KPMG
Crucial themes to appear underneath the spotlight contain environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and its fundamentals taking care of sanctions risk data privateness virtual belongings conduct the job of a compliance operate in 2022 and further than and additional.
“Due to its status as a renowned world wide monetary hub and the tax-totally free routine in particular jurisdictions, the MENA area is at an amplified threat of monetary criminal offense threats,” mentioned ICA President Invoice Howarth in a press release. “It is consequently notably essential to preserve up to day with the most current tendencies in regulatory compliance and financial crime avoidance if the region is to preserve its standing as an eye-catching investment decision and economical solutions spot globally.”
The International Compliance Affiliation is a sister organization to Compliance Week. Both organizations are below the umbrella of Wilmington plc.